The No-Guilt Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart
3 Dec 2015
Every other week, Nikita heads to the kitchen to test out recipes we think the mang’Oh community will love. As a twist on the usual healthy fare, our recipes are usually sweet treats that incorporate an abundance of fruits, veggies, whole grains and nuts. We believe that “real food” treats eaten in moderation can add some fun and variation to a healthy, plant-based diet. We hope you’ll try them out and let us know what you think!
This Greek Yogurt Fruit Tart is packed with only good things! Cashew nuts not only help you to stay fuller for longer, but they also have antioxidants and they provide us with magnesium for our bones! Blueberries are the most nutrient dense berry and they can lower blood pressure. Greek yogurt keeps you full for longer and it is a natural probiotic which keeps your body happy and healthy!
- 15 Medjool dates, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes
- 1 and 1/2 cups raw unsalted cashews
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Assorted sliced fresh fruit ( I used blueberries and raspberries)
- Spray a dish with spray and cook
- Boil your kettle and pour water over the dates in a bowl until they are soft
- Squeeze out the moisture and cut them in half
- Add the nuts and dates to a food processor. Mix together until thick “dough” is formed and the cashews are all broken up
- Press evenly into prepared dishes and partly up the sides
- Spread the yogurt on top of the crust. Decorate with fresh fruit. Slice, serve, enjoy.