The Raw & Vegan Cheesecake!
30 Aug 2017
Every month, Nikita heads to the kitchen to test out recipes we think the mang’Oh community will love. We hope you’ll try them out and let us know what you think!
1 cup pitted dates (soaked in warm water for 10 minutes then drained)
1/2 cup raw walnuts
1/2 cup almonds
1.5 cups raw cashews, soaked in water 4-6 hours then drained
1 large lemon, juiced
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp full fat coconut milk
1/2 cup syrup (or honey if not vegan)
- Add dates to a food processor and blend until small bits remain and it forms into a ball. Remove and set aside.
- Next, add nuts and process into a meal.
- Then add dates back in and blend until a loose dough forms – it should stick together when you squeeze a bit between your fingers.
- Lightly grease a standard, 12 slot muffin tin
- Next, scoop in 1 Tbsp of crust and press with fingers.
- Set in freezer to firm up.
- Add all filling ingredients to a blender and mix until very smooth. For the coconut milk, I like to scoop the “cream” off the top because it provides a richer texture. But if yours is already all mixed together, just add it in as is.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Divide filling evenly among the muffin tins. Tap a few times to release any air bubbles, then cover with plastic wrap and freeze until hard – about 4-6 hours.
This recipe is inspired by the minimalist baker