Healthy Almond Butter Cups
2 Oct 2015
Every other week, Nikita heads to the kitchen to test out recipes we think the mang’Oh community will love. As a twist on the usual healthy fare, our recipes are usually sweet treats that incorporate an abundance of fruits, veggies, whole grains and nuts. We believe that “real food” treats eaten in moderation can add some fun and variation to a healthy, plant-based diet. We hope you’ll try them out and let us know what you think!
Coconut oil has become a very popular ingredient at the moment among the health nuts. It helps to not only to burn more fat and increase energy levels but it also lower the risk of heart disease, helps with bad memory and stops you from feeling hungry without you even realizing it! This is one of the most tasty treats and the good news is that it is actually healthy for you!
1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
1/4 Cup Liquid Coconut Oil
1/6 Cup Syrup
Pinch of salt
Homemade Almond Butter
- Mix the ingredients together in a bowl
- Pour about 1 teaspoon of the liquid chocolate into the bottom of cupcake papers
- Put in the freezer for 5 minutes or until the chocolate has hardened
- Scoop 1 teaspoon of almond butter onto each chocolate base
- Cover with the remaining liquid chocolate
- Put in the fridge for 10-20 minutes or until hardened.
This recipe is inspired by This Rawsome Vegan Life