Warm Roasted Peaches with Mascarpone and Honey
23 Nov 2015
Every other week, Nikita heads to the kitchen to test out recipes we think the mang’Oh community will love. As a twist on the usual healthy fare, our recipes are usually sweet treats that incorporate an abundance of fruits, veggies, whole grains and nuts. We believe that “real food” treats eaten in moderation can add some fun and variation to a healthy, plant-based diet. We hope you’ll try them out and let us know what you think!
This is the first time that I have made a dessert using peaches (and it will not be my last!). Depending on how much honey you add to it, this dessert is rich but not too sweet. It is definitely one of my top ‘easy yet tasty desserts’. Peaches are not just juicy and tasty to eat, but they also help to keep your skin healthy, they keep you from overeating and they reduce hair loss.
1 Peach per guest
1 knob of Butter for each half of the peaches
Honey to drizzle over each one
1/4 cup Milk
1tsp Vanilla extract
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C/350F and slice your peaches into halves
- Place the halves into a baking tray and top each with a little knob of butter.
- Drizzle a little honey over the top
- Put them into the oven for 20mins
- While they are in the oven, toast your almonds and set aside
- In a bowl mix together your mascarpone, milk and vanilla and refrigerate
- Once the peaches are done, top each half with the mascarpone and almonds
This recipe is inspired by The Londoner.