The No-Bake, Full of Energy Almond Balls
4 Feb 2016
Every other week, Nikita heads to the kitchen to test out recipes we think the mang’Oh community will love. As a twist on the usual healthy fare, our recipes are usually sweet treats that incorporate an abundance of fruits, veggies, whole grains and nuts. We believe that “real food” treats eaten in moderation can add some fun and variation to a healthy, plant-based diet. We hope you’ll try them out and let us know what you think!
These no-bake, full of energy almond balls are little mouthfuls of heaven! Almonds are packed with protein which makes this the perfect ‘between meals’ snack and the dates provide you with energy to go on with the day! A fun fact- dates are said to diminish allergic reactions!
- 2 cups dates
- 2 cups almonds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (reserve 1/2 cup for rolling)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 T unsweetened almond milk
- Add all the ingredients into the a food processor
- Process for several minutes, scrapping down the sides as needed.
- Process until mixture comes back together into a ball (Add more milk if it doesn’t come together)
- Remove mixture from the food processor and roll into balls.
- Roll each ball in the coconut flakes.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for several weeks.
This recipe is inspired by The Healthy Maven