26 Apr 2016
Every other week, Nikita heads to the kitchen to test out recipes we think the mang’Oh community will love. As a twist on the usual healthy fare, our recipes are usually sweet treats that incorporate an abundance of fruits, veggies, whole grains and nuts. We believe that “real food” treats eaten in moderation can add some fun and variation to a healthy, plant-based diet. We hope you’ll try them out and let us know what you think!
- 3 cups almonds
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 F (170 C) degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper, add the almonds to the baking sheet.
- Roast for 12 minutes.
- In a pot, add in the granulated sugar, cinnamon and water and whisk everything together.
- Allow the mixture to come to a boil
- Add the almonds to the mixture.
- Cook and stir on medium-heat until the liquid evaporates and leaves a syrup-like coating on the almonds.
- Pour the almonds back onto the baking sheet lined with baking paper and separate the almonds and allow them to cool.
This recipe is inspired by Gal on a mission