Carrot Cake Balls
22 Mar 2017
Every month, Nikita heads to the kitchen to test out recipes we think the mang’Oh community will love. This year we will be focusing on adding more vegetables and greens to our lives. We hope you’ll try them out and let us know what you think!
I went through a stage of making small bite size treats and I added some of my recipes to our blog like these Orange and Pistachio Date Balls. I thought that I would try one with vegetables in and they turned out SO WELL! These Carrot Cake Balls have carrots in them (obviously) and this is such a fun way to add vegetables to your kids lunch boxes! They don’t have any refined sugar in them so they are healthy all-round!
- ½ cup raw cashews
½ cup raw almonds
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons coconut
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- Extra coconut for rolling
- Soak dates in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Add the cashews, almonds, oats, dates, coconut, and cinnamon to a food processor. Blend until a choppy dough forms.
- Add the grated carrot, blend until thoroughly mixed, then add the water and blend again. The dough will appear slightly sticky.
- Pour extra coconut into a bowl. Roll dough into balls and roll each one in the coconut.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to set. Store uneaten balls in an airtight container in the fridge.