Bun-less Burger with Tzatziki
1 Jun 2017
Every month, Nikita heads to the kitchen to test out recipes we think the mang’Oh community will love. This year we will be focusing on adding more vegetables and greens to our lives. We hope you’ll try them out and let us know what you think!
South Africa went through a big Banting phase and everyone was trying to make Carb-free alternatives to everything. Honestly, I did’t like a lot of the savoury banting recipes because nothing ever tasted as good as the real thing.
One thing that I did enjoy when trying different banting recipes was the Bun-less burgers. This is basically a salad with some type of creamy sauce / dressing and topped with a patty. I thought that this was a great way to add extra veggies to your meal.
I used a crumbed chicken patty in this recipe but I also provided a link to Jamie Olivers beef burger so that you can make your own patty if you would like to. This is great as a quick an easy lunch and it is so filling. It also doesn’t leave you feeling bloated from the bun of the burger.
- Handful of Salad Leaves of your choice ( I used a Salad mix)
- Handful of Rosa Tomatoes, sliced in half
- Feta to crumble over
- 1 Carrot, julienned
- A few slices of Red Onion
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 cloves of Garlic, crushed
- Half a cup of cucumber, grated
- Pinch of salt
- A patty of your choice ( I used a crumbed chicken patty)
Here is a recipe for a beef patty from Jamie Oliver. When in doubt, I always turn to Jamie Oliver.
- Put the patty in the oven to cook ( I use an air fryer)
- Put the salad leaves, tomatoes, feta, carrot, red onion together like you would make a salad
- Make the Tzatziki by mixing the Greek Yogurt, Garlic, cucumber and salt to taste
- Put your patty on top of the salad and top with your homemade Tzatziki