mang’Oh yoga Reopening! Our COVID-19 Protocol
11 Nov 2020
Dear mang’Oh family,
We are excited to announce that we have been approved for reopening our beloved studio!
For the moment, we are only able to host Private Sessions in the space. We are hopeful that group classes will be allowed soon. Your health and safety is our highest priority, and for now, we will patiently wait until NYC health experts deem indoor fitness classes safe for all.
For our reopening approval, we created our new Health and Safety Protocol. We wanted to share with you all how we are planning to safely welcome you back into the space.
Before you arrive for your session:
- Pre-register and pre-pay: Students are required to pre-register and pre-pay for sessions online via our website. No drop in registrations or payments will be accepted in-studio.
- Fill out our health screening form: Prior to entering the studio, we kindly ask that teachers, staff & students first fill out the online health screening form.
- Bring your own mat and props: No mat rentals or shared equipment is available at this time. Please bring your own mat and props for your practice.
- Limit your personal belongings: To the extent possible, please leave your personal belongings at home. Wallets, keys, and silenced phones may be left near your mat.
When you arrive for your session:
- Wait for a staff member to invite you inside: In order to facilitate social distancing, please wait outside of the studio prior to the opening time of 15-minutes before class.
- Wear a face covering: To ensure the safety and wellness of our mang’Oh family, teachers, staff & students are required to wear a face covering at all times in the studio, including the common areas, front-desk area, bathroom, and hallways.
- Maintain social distancing: Teachers, staff & students are required to maintain a 6-foot distance at all times in the studio, including the common areas, front-desk area, bathroom, and hallways.
- Receive a temperature check: Upon arrival, please wait in the hallway until a Staff member checks your temperature with a touchless device. Those with temperatures above 100.4 will be asked to return home.
- Move to your mat space: Upon check-in and temperature screening, you will be directed to enter the studio and place your mat in a space marked by tape. Please maintain a 6-foot distance from others when entering the studio.
After your session:
- Wait to be individually asked to leave your mat: Your teacher will let you know when to leave your mat and depart the studio.
- Save socializing and conversations for outdoors: We ask that you save your conversations for after you depart the studio building.
- Questions for teachers: We welcome your questions for teachers! Please ask to stay after class and maintain your face covering and social distancing when speaking to teachers after class.
For your safety…
- Cleaning and sanitizing: All surfaces are cleaned and sanitized with 70% alcohol solution before and after sessions.
- Sanitizer: Hand sanitizing stations have been set up throughout the studio and we ask that you use them regularly.
- Air filtration and circulation: We have installed the recommended air filters in our HVAC system to improve air filtration. Weather permitting, exterior doors or windows will be opened.
- Physical adjustments: No physical touch of any kind, including physical adjustments, will be made.
- Communication: Please stay in touch with us during this difficult time! In the unfortunate event that a teacher, staff member or student notify us of a COVID-19 infection, we will notify all those who attended an associated session so that our community can take all necessary precautions.
Sending love and light,
Erica and Cindy