Frequently Asked Questions
What should I bring to class?
You may bring a towel and a water bottle (reusable is best!) if you’d like. Bring your own yoga mat if you have one, but we provide $2 rental mats if needed. Props are provided in the studio.
What should I wear to class?
Wear comfortable, breathable workout clothes. Be prepared to be barefoot – socks should not be worn to avoid slipping.
Do you have mat rentals?
Yes, we provide mat rentals for $2. Mat rentals are free with our Unlimited Membership!
I’ve never been to your studio before, how do I register for my first class?
Registering for your first class is easy! You can register online in our Class Schedule. You are also welcome to arrive 15 minutes early for your first class, and we will help you sign up at the front desk. Be sure to take advantage of our 30-day trial membership special for $45.
I’m new to yoga, which classes should I take?
All of our Level 1 classes are geared towards beginners. On the weekends, our Saturday and Sunday 4:30pm Basics classes are specifically designed for brand new beginners. When you take your first yoga class, be sure to let the instructor know that you are new to yoga. Be sure to also check out our Beginner Series program, specifically designed to help launch your new yoga practice.
Explain your online reservation policy.
Online reservations will be honored until five minutes before class to ensure precise start times. if you have not physically signed in by then, your space will be given to anyone waiting. We appreciate your understanding!
Can I still join class if I arrive late?
For your safety and for the consideration of other students, we do not accept late entry into classes 10 minutes after their start times.
Do your class cards have an expiration date? What happens if my classes expire?
Yes, all of our class cards have a 180-day expiration from the purchasing date. Kindly note that there are no exceptions.
How does the monthly membership work?
Monthly memberships are set up with our automatic billing system. Memberships require a minimum 3-month commitment. After 3 months, you may cancel your membership at any time by filling out a Cancellation Form at the front desk. Memberships may be frozen annually, for 1-3 months, by filling out a Freeze Form at the front desk. There is a $15 one-time fee for a membership freeze. Please give 7 days notice for any freeze or cancellation requests.
Do you have dressing rooms? Do you have showers?
We have three small dressing rooms. We have no showers.
What is yoga etiquette?
Here are a few helpful hints on appropriate etiquette for the yoga classroom.
- Make it part of your yoga practice to arrive early. Give yourself time to check in, change clothes, and quiet your mind before class. If you do arrive late, please politely prepare yourself for class at the door (put away your keys, remove your coat, etc) and have your mat ready to unroll quietly. For your physical safety, we do not accept late entry after the first 15 minutes.
- Please refrain from using your cell phone in the studio. The yoga studio is a “cell phone free” zone. Please silence all ringers, and put them away upon entering the space.
- Follow the teacher. The reason to partake in a yoga class is to follow the instructions of the teacher. Not following the instructions of the teacher can be confusing for both the teacher and the other students. If you are doing modified poses for injuries or pregnancy, please notify the teacher and set up in the back to avoid distractions.
- Do not disrupt Savasana by leaving early. Savasana (Final Rest) is the most important aspect of your practice, so please take the time to finish class. If you do need to leave early, please set up in the back and notify the teacher prior to class. Quietly leave prior to Savasana so as to not disturb the other students.
- Speak quietly in the space. Please respect others by talking in low tones while at the studio. Be sure to visit quietly in the lobby so as not to disturb the students that are in class.
- Have an open mind and a compassionate heart. Please enter the studio with kindness and without judgement. Treat your fellow students and the staff with respect and care.
- Leave the studio looking better than when you came in. Kindly put away all of your props neatly. Wipe up any of your sweat left on the floor and clean up the space you used.